Jun 16 2007

Simple Birthday

Published by at 5:49 am under Lizzie Anne Design Samples

Happy Saturday!! Hope your all out enjoying yourselves!! I think we’ll get the pool out for the boys (it will be 100 today..yikes), and get things ready for our trip! I made this birthday card for Lizzie Anne Designs. I wanted to keep it simple and have the focus on the little party hats and present. I LOVE making my own polka dots using my eyelet punch tool. There are stickles on them too, but it’s hard to see! The middle present was cut out and adhered with a pop up glue dot! :)

polkadotbirthday.JPG

Supplies:

Stamps: Celebrations and Happy Birthday (Lizzie Anne Designs)

Ink: Jet Black Stazon, YoYo Yellow, Tempting Turquoise and Old Olive

Cardstock: Whisper White, YoYo Yellow, Tempting Turquoise and Old Olive

Accessories: Eyelet hole punch, staple, blender pen, diamond stickles (Ranger) scalloped circle (Martha Stewart)

Thanks so much for looking!! Have a great day!! :)

13 Responses to “Simple Birthday”

LOVE this Lindsey! Love the punched dots, colors and the scallops! SO cute :)

2. Karrie Baker says:

I LOVE this card!! I would never think to use my hole punch for pokla dot paper, what a great idea!! Thanks for sharing! :)

3. Great colors, Lindsey — love those little scallops and polka dots!

4. Elizabeth says:

Everything about this is so awesome! Love the punched polka dots, and I REALLY love the color scheme – so fresh and fun and kewl!

P.S. Love your blog too and wanted to let you know that I linked here from my blog. Let me know if that’s not okay. Thanks!

5. Great colors! Great stamps! Great layout!

6. lacyquilter says:

Cute card.

Love the colors on this and the dimension and polka dots! Cute and simple but lots of character!

8. Florence says:

Love the color combo and the card sketch.

Cute!! I love your anywhere punch dots too!

10. christina (cmf1216) says:

What a great birthday card! I love the simplicity of the sketch, and the color combination is terrific! The scallops and punched dots are so cute!

11. Super cute Lindsey! Love the polka dots with the hole punch. I learn so much from all you “creative types”!

As far as kids cooling down, I thought I would share with you what I caught my two boys doing last weekend. I was upstairs stamping. I have the window open so I can hear what my two little guys (ages 5 and soon to be 4) are up to in the backyard. All of a sudden, I hear the outside water get turned on and then sqeels (sp) of laughter. They hooked up their Elmo sprinkler to the hose all by themselves. They also decided (all by themselves) to strip totally naked to run through the sprinklers (good thing we have a six foot wood fence). Ahh to be young with no inhibitions!

Linda

12. SandyB says:

I have to agree with the others Lindsey … you’re a genius to use the hole punch to make your own polka dot paper!!

Love the faux polka dots. And the popped up present… cute idea.