May 20 2008

Two Challenge Tuesday!

Published by at 6:12 am under Inkadinkado Designs

It’s a double challenge day for me today! The first challenge I did was for the Dirty Dozen and Dirty Dozen Alumni on SCS! Our challenge was to use Owl’s, but we couldn’t use any bling or crystals! Sheesh, that was hard!! I really wanted to add some, but couldn’t! :) We also had to use a texture, so I had used the awesome Mascarade Paper by American Crafts (hope that works)

The Owl I used comes from the Birds Galore stamp set and the sentiment from the  Bird Assortment set. Both my Inka. I had fun challenging myself to use different hardware too! I love that stuff! Here is my card!

friendship.JPG

Stamps: Bird Assortment and Birds Galore (Inkadinkado) Ink: Black Stazon. Copic Markers (Shock Pink, Apple Green and Pale Yellow) Cardstock: Whisper White, Green Galore, Basic Black and Pink Passion (Stampin’ up!) Mascarade (American Crafts) Accessories: Hardware (We R Memory Keepers) Ribbon (May Arts) Paper Piercing Tool, Black Journaler (Stampin’ Up!)

You can view all the cards that were done for the challenge HERE!

The second challenge for today was with my Design Team! We were chatting about how we all have SO MUCH stuff and some of it gets so neglected! So we thought that would be a great challenge for us! SIGH…of course…it was such a challenge that I feel like I sort of cheated. lol. You see, I had this brand new box of Cosmo Cricket’s Hello Sunshine sitting there…staring at me…CALLING my name! I HAD TO, I couldn’t resist any longer! Then I thought I’d use my new Flights of Fancy Inkadinkado stamp! I think it still works though, as I had not inked that stamp yet OR cut into that paper…right? 😉 Here is my card! :)

flightoffancy.JPG

Supplies:

Stamps: Flights of Fancy, Cupcake Set for sentiment (Inkadinkado) Ink: Jet Black Stazon and Copic markers; Cardstock: Whisper White, Night of Navy, YoYo Yellow (Stampin’ Up!) Designer Paper: Hello Sunshine (Cosmo Cricket) Accessories: Ribbon (May Arts) Stickles (Ranger)

Make sure to check out all the gals that participated in the challenge with me!! Maren, Elizebeth, Lynda, Beth, Dee, Kisa and Erin!

Thank you SO MUCH for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!! :)

21 Responses to “Two Challenge Tuesday!”

1. These are awesome! The sentiment on the first one made me laugh.

2. Elizebeth says:

Wow, 2 challenges in one post! And I think I can overlook you using new stuff just this once, lol!!

3. Kisa says:

I LOVE the Dirty Dozen card! The owl is AWESOME and the paper too! And for the JB DT card! WOW That is the brightest card ever and it looks GREAT! I love then both! I love the layouts too!

4. bronih says:

I already told you how much I love your elegant owl card….the butterfly card is so bright and summery! I love it too! What beautiful colors in that paper!

5. Lynda Benden says:

Both cards are fantastic Linz! I love how you used the hardware on the owl card. And the Inka card…..I REALLY need that Cosmo paper! It is so pretty!

6. Sister Susie says:

I love the butterfly one! The colors are so pretty!

These are both gorgeous! Of course, I’m partial to owls and I love what you did with this! Can’t wait to get my Cosmo Cricket- this paper is just HAPPY!

8. Maren says:

I love both of these! My favorite….BRIGHT colors! So striking against the black!

WOW! awesome cards, Lindsey! Love the sentiment with that owl, LOL! and the new Cosmo is faboo with that butterfly!

10. pam hooten says:

Love your cards Lindsey! The bold colors are great!

Both are FABULOUS, Lindsey!!!! I love the owl!! And I can’t wait to get that fun bright Sunshine paper! Awesome butterfly image too!

12. Adair says:

These are wonderful! I love the bright colors you used!

13. Great cards…I love all the stripes on the first one and the bright colors with the black is very eye catching! (I can’t wait to use that Inka butterfly)

14. Ida says:

What a lovely butteryfly image and you paired it with some great DP. It’s such a cheerful card.

15. Ida says:

Oops…I forgot to mention how much I liked the Owl card. Black and White is always a winning combination and pairing it with the pink & green is just added icing to an already great card. Love it.

Wow, WOW, Lindsey! These are both so fabulous!! Love these fanciful images and all the color and patterns. Totally wonderful!

I love them both, Lindsey!! Your owl is so cute, and that sentiment cracks me up!! Your butterfly card is just gorgeous!!

OH…Great butterfly Card!!! and the owl is so cool

19. Absolutely stunning Lindsey! I just adore the first one especially. Gorgeous designs!

20. Debbie Olson says:

Love both of these, Lindsey! So fresh, fun, and clean!