Jun 23 2008

A Shimmery Monday!

Published by at 6:27 am under Inkadinkado Designs

Hello!! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! We did, playing out on the slip and slide ect! (NO, not me…the kids lol) I was also introduced to a VERY cool new product! It’s called Shimmerz! They are lil’ bottles of shimmery paint! They are FANTASTIC!! Unlike spray’s, you just paint them on! No globs! They work on ANY type of paper and dry much more quickly then I thought they would! I have a little more info on  them on my store blog HERE! You can also visit the Shimmerz Blog HERE!

Of course I couldn’t wait to use them so I paired them up with my new EUPHORIA paper!! OK…can we say GORGEOUS paper! I just LOVE IT!!! I am not sure if you can tell, but I painted all the distressed edges, buzzz and the Euphoria paper with the shimmerz! I used the Angel Wings white on most of it. Then on the horizontal strip of paper I used the Royal Red!

merci.JPG

Here is a close up of Mr. Buzzz (I just LOVE that stamp!)

buzzcloseup.JPG

Stamps: Buzzz and Merci (Inkadinkado)

Ink: Copic Markers and Graphite Black

Cardstock: Whisper White

Designer Paper: Euphoria (Basic Grey)

Accessories: Flower (Prima) Eyelet (We R Memory Keepers) Ribbon (May Arts) Shimmery Paint (Shimmerz)

Thank you so much for stopping by!! I will be ordering these paints in the next few days! If there are any colors you HAVE to have, let me know so I can make sure to get them! Have a great day!!!

16 Responses to “A Shimmery Monday!”

1. Very cool Lindsey! I’ll be looking forward to seeing the cool ideas with this paint! Love your colors and layout!

2. bronih says:

LOVE that beautiful card!! Guess I’ll be placing another order very, very soon – for the paper and the Shimmerz!

OOOOOoooooooooo, Can’t wait to try them out!!! I can use my Copics And get shimmer!!!

4. Linz, The little bee is so cute and sparkly!!! I cannot wait to try some of these out!!!!

This is absolutely darling! I love the bee and your coloring and shimmer is perfect! Can’t wait to play!

6. Lynda Benden says:

VERY cool Linz! I will be needing some of those for sure!!! I will check out the store now!

7. So adorable! Love all that shimmer! Enjoy your day! ~ Patti

8. Kisa says:

LOVE IT! And that paper…..um…..it is SUPA cute! I love the colors!

That little shimmery bee is so cute, and your card is so pretty!! It sounds like you’ve been having lots of summertime fun!! Yay!!

10. Kim Ross says:

Totally shimmerlicious, Lindsey! Love everything about it! How cool that you even painted the distressed edges… I never would have thought to do that. You’re rockin’ it! :)

oooooooooooohhhh me likey sparklies!!!!! Gorgeous Linz!!

12. Stacey says:

I love what you did with Shimmerz! So very cute. I know that everyone will love Shimmerz as much as I do. All 35 colors are great. One isn’t better than the other.
    Try them on accetate, paper flowers, as watercolors, or even as a stamping medium for solid stamps. You are only limited to your own imagination.

Keep Shimmering!

13. Holly says:

Really pretty! I’m wonderinghow these shimmerz compare to the twinkling H2Os. guess I’ll have to order some to find out!

Holly
    hogwildaboutstamping.blogspot.com

14. Pinky says:

What a neato idea…would love to try that product!

Pinky

15. MichelleSG says:

I want them, I want them all! Love what you did, the bee looks beautiful. You must get these instock soon!!

This is SO cute, Linz!!! I’m overdue for an order, aren’t I? Hmm… I need that paper…and some paint. :)