Aug 25 2008

1st Day of School & a Birthday!

Published by at 7:54 am under Inkadinkado Designs

Awww, today was the first day of Kindergarten for us! Man, that was a tough one! He looked so cute and he was SOOO excited. Course when we got there he started being a little shy. At least I wasn’t the only parent balling their eyes out! lol. Here is a few pic’s of him!

brettyschool.JPGbrettyschool2.JPG

Today is also my brothers birthday!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHREEEEOS!!!! :) My brother is a rockstar. No, really…he is! He is an amazing guitar and drum player and has been in bands his whole adult life. He’s been asked by an elite group to play with them in Portland where he is living now! That hopefully will explain why I always make him skeleton cards! 😉 We both love Halloween too, so it’s usually my favorite birthday card I make all year!

I couldn’t WAIT to cut into my new Cosmo Cricket Haunted paper pack and ink up my new Inka Skulls set! I don’t know that you can see it, but I used Candle Light Shimmerz on all the skulls and skeleton’s! :) I also sponged the edges with the Coal Shimmerz. I hadn’t done that before with the Shimmerz, it worked really well! The embossed part is the Skeleton Scroll from Provo Craft! I hope you enjoy!

chris1.JPG

chris2.JPG

Stamps: Skulls (Inkadinkado)

Ink: Jet Black Stazon

Cardstock: Vanilla, Basic Black (Stampin’ Up!)

Designer Paper: Haunted (Cosmo Cricket)

Accessories: Black Twill (May Arts) Candle Light and Coal Shimmerz; Skeleton Scroll (Provo Craft); Staple, Distressing Tool, Sponge

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a fantastic day!!!

13 Responses to “1st Day of School & a Birthday!”

1. Sister Susie says:

Oh, little Brettster looks so cute! I can’t believe how grown up he is. And Chreeooos will absolutely love the card. I like the paper in the back with the stripes. Way cool!

Awww, what a big boy!! Im sure you were upset, your little man isnt so little anymore. You’ll love it though, especially when he goes to first grade. Thats a great card too! Your bro will love it Im sure.

Oh, how come you call your brother Chreeooos and your sister Susie? Just wonderin!!!!

SO cool!!! I bet he LOVES it! You know I Do!

And Brettie! WOW…can you believe these kids???? ACK…so cute! Tell him Rachel and Connor say Hi!

5. Lynda says:

OMG Linz, how cute Brett looks!!! I am sure it was a difficult day for you! Your card is AWESOME!!! I love that paper too. The entire collection is so awesome it’s hard to choose which pattern to use!!! I am sure your brother will LOVE it!!! TTYS!

Wow…Brett is a big boy now!! What a cutie too!! (I ball my eyes out too!)

What a fun birthday card!! I am totally lovin’ all of the new stuff, Lindsey!!

7. Sue says:

Wow! What a handsome guy! I still cried when I took my girls to college.

8. Awwwww what darling first day photos! I’m sure it all went well and he’ll love it soon! Super rockin’ card Linz! He’ll love it…that skeleton is really getting down! :) You rock!

9. Joan B says:

Oh he looks very ready! Very sophisticated and adorable! Great card too!

10. It’s hard to believe he’s in kindergarten already. How time flies! What a handsome little man. Cute card, too, Lindsey!

Awwww…Brett is adorable, Lindsey! Such a big boy! :) LOVE the skeleton card!!

12. Candy aka cwilliams says:

Awww he is so cute Lindsey, I cried Taylor’s first day of school 8 years ago….lol!!
    Fabulous card!!

13. Jessica A says:

Hey Lindz! what cute pictures, I’m glad you didn’t have to put my plan into practice, however I still think Brett would never have know if you missed on day of his school… Man you are a great mommy!!!!

I LOVE Chris’s card, I think he really liked it as well. it was so much fun hanging out with you guys!

Give Brett & Austin a HUG for me!!!!

:) Jessie