Sep 22 2008

He’s OFF! :)

Published by at 10:00 pm under Uncategorized

Hello!! Just a quick update! They DID take him off the ventilator today and he is doing great!! He is on just a TINY bit of oxygen, but they think it’s just fine (still coming off sedation ect) He looked at me today and knew it was me! I showed him his favorite blankey and stuffed animals, I could tell he was happy. Poor thing is trying to talk but his poor throat is soooo sore. I still think it will be a slow recovery, Tuesday marks the 1 week point, I am just crossing my fingers we can bring him home Sunday! (see…I am not even asking for the WHOLE weekend, just some! ;)) Poor Brett (my 5 yr. old) he’s really been through a whirlwind too, I can’t wait for things to get back to “normal”!

Please check out the design team blogs (on sidebar) for the last Jacksonbelle Embellishments sketch for the contest! I am SURE they will knock your socks off! 😀 Thanks so much again for all your support, it means the world to me! HUGS!

31 Responses to “He’s OFF! :)”

1. Kisa says:

Oh Lindsey – I’m so happy to hear he is doing better! That poor little boy! I’m sure his throat is sore! Darn it. I bet really Brett has been quite worried and scared for his brother too. You guys all must be so exhausted. So glad to hear things are going better! HUgs to you!

Kisa

2. SueB says:

Praying for his continued healing. Poor little guy. I know it’s tough on all of you. More big hugs.

3. Suzy says:

Oh Lindsey I am so sorry to hear your little one was sick but am SO glad to hear he is recovering nicely! He will soon be all better. Hug him tight for me, and know he is in our prayers.

Suzy

4. Jennifer Scull says:

Lindsey, I am still praying over here! God’s arms are big and He is mighty! Glad to hear the good news! Will continue to keep the prayers going for ALL of you! Your Design Team is doing an amazing job, so don’t worry about a thing on that end. You just be there for your family. Give out hugs all around from all of us! :) You are loved!!!!

5. Pat (mspfd) says:

What great news! I am so happy he is doing much better.

6. Toni K says:

I am so happy he’s doing better. I know it’s so scary to see your children sick, especially THAT sick. Poor baby, and poor you! I hope nothing but good things for him.

7. I am so happy that he is doing better! His throat will be sore only for a little while and the best part is at 2 yrs old he won’t remember much of it. Unlike the rest of the family. Darn kids, don’t they understand that they scare us? Really I’m saying that in a loving and joking way – I know first hand how hard it is to watch a little one not feel well in a hospital and I can’t be more happier for all of you. I’ve been checking your blog at least 3 times a day hoping for this great news, and here it is! So go and celebrate and give huge hugs to everyone, including yourself from all of us in Maine. We’ve thinking of you every day! {{{HUGS}}} Cheryl

8. Kirsten says:

That’s awesome news, Lindsey! I so glad for you guys!

9. Lindsey, what wonderful news, you must be over the moon. Nothing makes us think about what really matters, till one of our children are sick. Big hug to you.

10. Poor baby, I’ve been praying for you guys. HUGS!

Oh Lindsey,
    What a week you’ve had!! You poor thing! Im so sorry. I just want you to know Im praying and thinking of you always. When you can take a breather, give me a call. I will try and get in touch with you later, I have to work today but you hang in there. It sounds like he’s getting better though. Love you guys!!
    TTYS!!!

12. Lindsey…I’m in tears with joy that he is off the ventilator and coming around. I’m sooo happy for you all. You are still in my prayers constantly. Huge big hugs to you all!

J

13. bronih says:

Lindsey, that is such WONDERFUL news! Bless your heart and that poor little baby. Here’s hoping the remainder of his recovery is swift and happy!!

14. erinkmckinney says:

Linz, I am so sorry to hear about your little boy!!!! Sending hugs your way…I hope he comes home very so and you get that hug!!!
    PS….all your lateset cards are gorgeous!!!

BIG HUGE HUGS for all the Botkins!!!! Give Aussy a Kiss fo rme and I will try to stop by the hospital later today!

16. Mary Jane D. says:

That’s great news. Thanks for posting.

17. Jessica A says:

Hey Lindz! This is great news, poor little Autsin! What a babe. Give him a hug for me & one for Brett too! :)

18. Harriet Skelly says:

This is great news – I’m so happy he is doing better! Still sending hugs and keeping your family in my prayers!

19. Kathyc on SCS says:

Hey Linds, Happy to hear the good progress report; you must all be going crazy and poor Brett, missing his brother; it’s hard for them to understand; sending lots of hugs your way!
    Kathy

20. Maren says:

I am so happy that he is off the ventilator! Can’t wait for you to post that he is home in your arms. Prayers being sent your way!!

21. Juliana says:

So glad you have so good news!–I will keep him in my prayers!!

22. Tina Suzan says:

YIPPY!!!!!! So glad to hear the GREAT update. The worst is behind you NOW!!! Eyes and thoughts FORWARD!!! Hugs and Prayers to each of you!!!

23. Lynda says:

Wahoo Linz!! I am so darned excited and also hope he can be home by Sunday!!! What a LONG week it has been huh??? TTYS!!!!

24. Shirleyone says:

Praying for you and your sons. Wow! Your are right. It is a roller coaster whe juggling home and hospital. Hope he comes home soon. What a scare.

25. Joan B says:

I am so glad to hear he is off the ventilator. I was very worried when I heard he was on it. Whew. ((hugs))

26. Rhonda K. says:

That is wonderful news, I am so glad to hear he is doing better. It is tuff when the little ones are sick. Thanks for keeping us updated. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

I can’t wait until things are back to normal for you too, Linz. I’m so glad Austin is getting better. BIG hugs!

28. Bonnie aka raduse says:

Praise the Lord!! He’s off!! Lindsey, I’m so happy for you. Give yourself a hug and Brett a hug from our family.

29. Maria says:

Yeah!!!! Such wonderful news!!! … my prayers are still being sent!!!! 😀

30. Pinky says:

Glad to hear that your little guy is doing better and will get to come home soon. I cannot imagine what you have been going through. Prayers have been answered for sure.

Pinky